To be eligible for 2-year old funded nursery placements, one parent has to be in receipt of one or more of the following:
- Income Support
- Income-based Job Seekers’ Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Child Tax Credit, provided your annual household income does not exceed £16,190
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration & Asylum 1999
- Guarantee element of State Pension Credit
- Working Tax Credits, provided your annual household income does not exceed £16,190.
Also eligible, are children who have a statement of special educational needs (SEN) or an education, health and care plan, children who attract Disability Living Allowance (DLA), children who are looked after by the Local Authority or have left care through special guardianship or through adoption or child arrangement orders.
If you live in North Yorkshire, please apply to the Families Information Service to see if you are eligible, this can done by visiting the North Yorkshire County Council website. If you live outside the County, e.g. in Darlington, please first call 01609 533483
Child’s birthday/When you can claim:
1st Jan to 31st Mar/The beginning of the term on or after the 1st April.
1st Apr to 31st Aug/The beginning of the term on or after the 1st September.
1st Sept to 31st Dec/The beginning of the term on or after the 1st January.